Tony Stewart Jimmie Johnson, Carl Edwards, Greg Biffle

Published on July 17th, 2009 | by Ron Ripple

Tony Stewart – My pick to win this weekend in Indy!

Tony Stewart might be one of the most talked about drivers of the year.  He started the season with speculation that he would only be middle of the pack, but he’s surpassed everyones doubts and has done something not many drivers could have imagined.  He’s created a winning team straight out the box… yes it was an existing team, but he took it from zero to hero.

Tony Stewart is going to dominate at Indinapolis this year and drive around Dale Earnhardt Jr as if he was tied to Terry Labontes car.  Oucchhhhhhh… sad but true! My boy Tony fell asleep last year but he’s wide awake now, trying to make up for lost time.

I’m not going to brown nose too much on my boy Tony… because I have a feeling the boy is starting to take a turn in his “social life.”  I’ve noticed he’s somewhat lost his badboy attitude, and he’s starting to pick up some of Jeff Gordon’s bad habbits.  Now I’m only speculating this, but I have a feeling the man is starting to drink white wine.  Who drinks white wine  other than sissy boys?  Is it because he’s a team owner and he’s just trying to follow a trend?

Man Drinking Wine

This is how a real man drinks wine!

Anyway… Tony Stewart is going to dominate this weekend in Indy.  Take your picks my fellow Ron Ripplers… whoever makes the right pick this weekend will get a Ron Ripple gift certificate to 7-11… and there will be enough money on it to buy a 12 pack of Budweiser.

web hosting reviews

123 Responses to Tony Stewart – My pick to win this weekend in Indy!

2. Your speculate is appropriate. You should try to away him from Jeff Gordon’s.

You can definitely take Tony Stewart Jean.

I’m going to do my best Cheap Conveyancing

I’m also known for my wicked knowledge in NASCAR stats and hold the title as NASCAR’s Biggest Fan! Check it!!!

5. You made the right pick Ron, congrats
    #nutrition can you prove it ?

6. Nice weekend Ron, You enjoyed it. another cool post.

7. Good article. Its not a destination of Tony. He had just start it, he have to cover a long journey.

Cool Ron =D I probably should have waited until after I watched all the practice session but o well… that wold be kinda of cheating, hehe. I just hope we don’t have the same tire problem that we had last year, that would be a serious disaster for Goodyear, hehe. But I am sure we will be fine =D

9. Ron Ripple@ You should do anything quickly otherwise you will get late.

Darn!!! I shoulda have picked Jimmie Johnson lol.

Man.. I was really disappointed when Juan Pablo Montoya lost the race :(

Who do you pick to win the Main Event this weekend in UFC 100? Frank Mir or Brock Lesner?

@CADPrograms… is that a serious comment? lol

The UFC 100 was on a few weeks ago, and Brock Lesnar won in dominating fashion.

13. We are still looking for ward to your for next interesting update. Where are you. We hope that you will make it very soon.

14. Hi, We are still looking for ward to your for next interesting update. Where are you. We hope that you will make it very soon. Thanks

I am going with Jimmie Johnson for the win at Pocono, but it looks like the Pocono race will get rained out and be run on Monday.

For a dark horse pick though, I would go with Aj Allmendinger, who are you picking for the Pocono weekend Ron? I am interested to hear =D

Denny just won, that is awesome for him! I picked him last time to win, but he had those mechanical issues early on in that race and wasn’t able to complete it, but this time around he showed hes got it! I was really surprised by him in victory lane, how he got really emotional, really caught me off guard.

Comeon Kyle pick it up!!!! :(

Sorry to keep posting on the same post Ron… but I gotta make my picks somewhere! hehe, Ambrose is going to win the Sprint Cup Race, and make it a weekend sweep!

Tony Didn’t win Indy… but he sure did win at Watkins glen! My pick didn’t do too bad… Marcos finished 2nd, pretty happy about that!

I am going with Juan Pablo Montoya to win the Carfax 400 at Michigan! Hopefully he redeems himself from Indy!

Going with Kyle Busch to make the weekend sweep! He’s going to win the truck, nationwide and sprint cup race this weekend =D

Jean you’re the man… have fun this weekend.

Where are you, you had not update this blog since long time. I hope you will make it soon.

Where is august month’s post. Its almost one month past you had not update this blog.

25. @chris Cobb– You are right its very long time that Ron had not update this blog.

Thanks Ron! Looks like Kyle Busch won the cup race =D he would of had a weekend sweep too… if it wasn\’t for you know who ;-)

27. @Ron Ripple- Hi, when you will update this blog. Where is your new post in series of Girl of the week. I like that section of this site.

28. We are looking for another NASCAR’s update. where it is?

Nice info!! too true. Great method and easy to understand article!

30. we are missing you a lot come on update this blog.

Going with Kyle Busch again to win this weekend at Atlanta =D

And as far as the Nationwide side of things, I am thinking Logano is going to win it at Atlanta =D

Okay so I was wrong about Logano, lol, I never thought that Harvick would have been so dominant as he was in the Atlanta Nationwide race!

Okay so things didn’t go well with Kyle at Atlanta, and I know I keep saying Kyle Busch… but I have a strong feeling he is going to win at Richmond :-P

Hi, dear Ron where are you, we are looking for another interesting update.

Right at the end of the race, after running so hard up front, Tony lost his position. He was high on the track and went low to block Jimmy Johnson from passing, then when he went to the top of the track he got burried to the 7th position.

Denny Hamlin for the win at Dover!

39. we are missing u a lot Ron. Where are you man its very long time to see any update here.

40. Buy Online says:

Hello Ron am I allowed to pick Tony Stewart? Because that is also my pick like I mentioned in my other comment, hehe.

41. Buy Generic says:

Hello! We are still looking for ward to your for next interesting update. Where are you. We hope that you will make it very soon.

42. Buy Generic says:

Hi, Are we Going with Kyle Busch again to win this weekend at Atlanta =D

Okay so things didn’t go well with Kyle at Atlanta, and I know I keep saying Kyle Busch… but I have a strong feeling he is going to win at Richmond. When will you update this blog. we are waiting for that.

44. Jhonny says:

For all you Brian Vickers fans:

There will be an exclusive signing at BevMo in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. From 4pm to 5pm, bring your photos and TY KU Sake bottles for Brian to sign! Don’t miss out on your chance to see Brian Vickers in person on Thursday, October 8th!

Thanks Jhonny, unfortunately I am all the way out East! LoL.

So here we are heading to Lowe’s… I am going with Joey Logano to get his third nationwide win in a row, and as far as choosing a winner for the sprint cup side, that is a tough deal… but I am going with Jimmy Johnson :(

48. bikes says:

Very good article! You made the right pick Ron, congrats!!

Hey tony!great work,keep it up.

The Main Event this weekend in UFC 100? Frank Mir or Brock Lesner?

53. Ahhh I felt so bad for Kyle because he was sick this weekend, and couldn’t go the full distance in the races. Especially in the nationwide series where I feel like he could have taken the W!

Well… I am going with Jimmie Johnson this weekend to get the win at Martinsville… though I am really hoping Denny or Gordon can take the win.

Jimmie Johnson may not have won at Martinsville, but I think he will win at Texas. =D

56. hair loss says:

He has his own team driving Chevrolets again and he has the money from sponsorship to give him the best equipment. With his talent as a driver, it is no wonder he is winning.

I\’m a tony stewart fan. I\’m always looking for new info on him, so if you can tell me a fact I don\’t know about him, I\’ll give you a bunch of points!!

I felt so bad for Kyle because he was sick this weekend, and couldn’t go the full distance in the races. Especially in the nationwide series where I feel like he could have taken the W!.

Chevrolet’s again and he has the money from sponsorship to give him the best equipment. With his talent as a driver, it is no wonder he is winning.

Kyle Busch is going to get the win at Texas, and Mark Martin will get the Win on the Sprint Cup side!

Wow.. Kyle leads 232 laps and still loses the race at Texas, that’s frustrating! :(

63. Used Tires says:

I am thinking that perhaps Jimmie Johnson is going to rebound and take the W at Phoenix, if not Jimmie, Mark is going to win it!

I feel like I am talking to myself, lol, I hope you don’t mind Ron.. that I continue to make predictions, lol. Since I made the sprint cup prediction for my last comment, I am going with Kevin Harvick to take the win in the Truck Series, as well as the Nationwide series. Kyle Busch will be a close second in both races.

65. Hi,Nice Post.I pick Tony Stewart all the way. Unless he has some bad luck, the cup is his. The chase is screwing Jeff Gordon this year. He should be the champion.Thanks.

Its not a logistical nightmare at all. Indy and the truck series already do this every year. There is nothing difficult about it besides politics. I suggested this on the forum once before.

My gut says the Vikings even though logic dictates that the Pack will win this one at home. It’s hard to bet against Brett in this situation. So, I’m going with the Vikes.

68. Used Tires says:

Ron… you gotta come back full time in 2010 :-P

My team to get the new Dodge engine at RPM will be Elliot Sadler who will have it this weekend as reported on jayski.com. Until Reed and AJ get the new engine, don\’t be looking for a win for either of them.

70. Used Tires says:

@Chris the season is over though bro… and RPM is going to FORD next year.

It’s a great thing at the tracks where there is enough room for all the haulers, motor homes and whatever else needs to be there. What a hassle that would be to get everyone ‘s equipment and cars all together the track..

72. I think the Texans are putting it together but I think the Colts will win at home with Houston getting the season split later. I too believe it`ll be a close game. I don`t see Indy failing in the red zone like that two weeks in a row.

The second team to get the new Dodge engine at RPM will be Elliot Sadler who will have it this weekend as reported on jayski.com. Until Reed and AJ get the new engine, don’t be looking for a win for either of them.

74. I just hope we don’t have the same tire problem that we had last year, that would be a serious disaster for Goodyear, hehe. But I am sure we will be fine =D

75. I was really surprised by him in victory lane, how he got really emotional, really caught me off guard.

I’d go with either Jimmie Johnson or Tony Stewart, based on previous history for both drivers at the track. Last year was a fluke, and I’m pretty confident that they settled that issue. Jeff Gordon even put his name on the line saying they fixed it.

77. Great post. I’m a huge Tony Stewart fan!

78. Do you think Tony Stewart did good in his first season with his new organization?

I would avoid the actual Victoria Day (if it\’s open). I would opt to go on Sunday afternoon, when it\’s less busy. Saturday would probably be the busiest day, I would imagine.

I think Indy can manage, but it will be close. S.F. was a close call for Indy, and I definitely think Houston is better than S.F. We’ll see, should be a good game.

It’ll be a good game. I think the Texans can pull it out and take a win as long as they don’t commit too many penalties or turnovers. The Colts have amost lost to the Jags, Dolphins and 49ers. It’ll be interesting to see how the Texans play now that they are in technically their best season yet. It’ll be a good game, go Texans beat them Colts.

Happy New Year Ron! Lets make 2010 the best year and the year that Ron Ripple makes his full time return to NASCAR reporting ;-)

83. Hey tony!great work,keep it up.

84. I know when he made a funny speech at the banquet one year about having to wear the HANS device and he had it on underneath his jacket…I also know that he had a bad stomach flu once and was not expected to finish the race but he won and there was no post race interview, no thanks to my sponsor or anything, he headed straight for his trailer…I think he messed himself.

85. Hmm all the men are looking in great moods..

86. video says:

87. hemoroid says:

88. Is Tony going to become the \\\\"09 Cup Champion? I thought he was just being cool and running up front just to make the chase. But he\\\\\\\’s our points leader, and he seems flawless. Is Jimmie Johnson going to have his competition handed to him in the chase. I think we still need to factor in Kyle Busch and Carl Edwards, but Tony Stewart is just running so incredibly strong. Scary strong. Why do you think Tony Stewart is so good this season?

89. we also make a lot of enjoy on our weekend of the Company… do you??

90. Cory says:

I’m a new biggest NASCAR fan! Trying to learn as much as I can. Thanks for you info on your blog.

nascarcountry88.blogspot.com

91. pc says:

I know when he made a funny speech at the banquet one year about having to wear the HANS device and he had it on underneath his jacket…I also know that he had a bad stomach flu once and was not expected to finish the race but he won and there was no post race interview, no thanks to my sponsor or anything, he headed straight for his trailer… Thanks

92. NBA says:

Jimmie Johnson may not have won at Martinsville, but I think he will win at Texas :)
    Thanks

93. Hi fantastic weekend with wine all is very enjoy full day.

94. Got any more updates for us? It’s now two-thousand ten! haha.

95. Just think ! If Tonys performances were just average results in his first year with his new organization, and he improves in his second season,because you just do. Do you think.

96. Tony currently owns and drives the #14 Office Depot/Old Spice/Burger King Chevrolet Impala SS in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series for his own team

He’s also driving with Oreo sponsorship in some races in the Nationwide series this year, for Kevin Harvick Incorporated in the #33 Chevy Impala. Already won Daytona with them.

@Wedding Jewelry: That’s not always a good indicator of the next year’s performance. Look at Roush Racing. They had 13 wins in 2008, and only 3 in 2009 with their star driver Carl Edwards not winning a single race, compared to 9 wins in 2008.

99. Since I also believe in freedom of speech, the original text is preserved in the title attribute, visible on mouseover. However, it solves the immediate problem of keeping my comments and blog

100. hey Ron – gonna update your blog anytime soon? ;)

101. Wow all is have a great habit all is use wine looking liker.

102. Urban Meyer is the greatest college football coach of all-time. Unlike Paterno and Bowden, he refuses to wait until his 70′s to fuck with his employer and leave the future of the football program in limbo.

103. Hi great info or article about wine.

104. The rest are ones that I would like to see, or that we might see (definitely good finishes), but don’t think have a chance in hockey sticks to have a gulp of milk.

105. Hi RUM means real use Madison ha ha ha .

I’m sure he’ll be updating it real soon, be patient. :)

I feel Denny Hamlin has a good chance at winning Bristol this weekend.

We must also not rule out Clint Bowyer and the rest of the RCR bunch who’ve been so strong of late. Even though it’s a short track, a good speedway package works well here.

Also, this is the last race for the wing. After this, the teams go back to using a spoiler, which should mix things up a bit in the competition.

110. It has nice camera dollies and accesories for cheap. This isn’t spam I promise. If your into filmmaking you’ll like this site.

111. He’s created a winning team straight out the box… yes it was an existing team, but he took it from zero to hero. Tony Stewart is going to dominate at Indinapolis this year and drive around Dale Earnhardt Jr as if he was tied to Terry Labontes car.

He’s not been as fast this year as last and his teammate has already won. Will he win at Richmond, one of his favorite tracks, this week? We will have to wait and see. Hopefully, he can pull it off.

113. I know when he made a funny speech at the banquet one year about having to wear the HANS device and he had it on underneath his jacket..

114. I also know that he had a bad stomach flu once and was not expected to finish the race but he won and there was no post race interview, no thanks to my sponsor or anything, he headed straight for his trailer..

115. Thanks for that.

116. pigeon forge says:

These guys really know how to drink :)

117. wow. good luck for the win.

118. Hi very lovely post all is looking very impressive all drinker is very simple and also impressive thanks for great sharing.

119. Fantastic website… Really cool… Thanks for sharing Ron :)