Carl Edwards no image

Published on March 13th, 2009 | by Ron Ripple

Who Am I Picking to win The NASCAR Sprint Cup Race in Bristol on March 22nd?

Bristol is the next race, a place that separates the boys from the men, a place built for speed, and a place known for having over 130,000 people fired up in the Grand Stands cheering for their favorite driver.  Who’s going to be the driver to take home this year’s first race at Bristol?  Get your wallets out boys because we’re taking bets.

As you all know… they don’t call me Ron Ripple – Nascar’s Biggest Fan for nothing.  I’m the kind of fan that every driver dreams of, I’m the kind of fan that every driver prays for.  I wouldn’t say that I can technically help a driver win a race, but I can basically help a driver win a race.

I’m known around the pits as being somewhat of a “sh!t talker,” so If you’re on my bad side, I’ve been known to “get in your head.”  Last year when the Race for the Chase started, I just so happened to be hovering around Kyle Busch’s camp for the first 4 races in the chase.  You tell me if I got in his head or not, he went from being first, to being last!

So who am I picking to win the first race at Bristol this year?  CARL EDWARDS.  I repeat… CARLLL EDWARRDDSS.

Carl Edwars is my pick for Bristol.  He won the last race there in August of ’08 and he’s going to win there again on March 22nd of ’09.   He’s started this season out showing he’s going to be a front runner, and I have all the confidence in the world for him.

Who’s head am I going to get in this coming weekend?  Mark my words… When the haulers start rolling in and get set up, I’m going to be all over Kurt Busch like white on rice.  He might as well kiss his chances of winning Bristol good bye.

So all my fellow NASCAR Fans… who are you picking to win at Bristol?  And who do you want to be in the back of the pack?

Tags: , , , , , ,

75 Responses to Who Am I Picking to win The NASCAR Sprint Cup Race in Bristol on March 22nd?

1. Seriously WTF? says:

Wow, I’m picking Carl too! I’m picking Carl Edwards….to be at the back of the pack and my boy Dale Earnhardt Jr. to win. Ok so those are my wishes but I’m really picking Jeff Gordon for the win and who cares who is at the back as long as it ain’t Dale Jr.

2. omar says:

i think dale enrhart is gonna win

3. TOM CRUISE says:

I LOVE YOU NASCAR

4. I love big black dick says:

Just look at my name, it shows why i loveeeee nascar!!! (and i am a man)

5. shapooopi says:

Really omar, do you think dale will win?? Or are you just gay becuz you like nascar =p

6. i love my life says:

As soon as i turn the channel and see nascar races, i start thinking about suicide…….

The Bristol website will tell you if they have any available and the Cost–Stubhub- Or Ebay has them sometimes from Personal sellers who just cant go and just want their Money Back!!!!!!

8. We hope for Carl Edwars to win Race as all know he already won the race and having ability to win this again, you are really great fan of Racers

9. Its been this way for sometime now. They do not want a race on Mothers Day. But the bad ole weatherman has forced them to run the race on Sunday a couple times..This race belongs on Labor Day, then we would have a real Southern 500.

I read a lot of answers on here that say that Toyota has an unfair horsepower advantage. That could very well be true, but if it is true, what\’s wrong with the other Toyota teams?

11. Real outcome would still be a great 4 or 5 car battle to the finish with a close finish of less than 1 second. I hate when they when by two or three seconds, so boring.

12. gas card says:

I am still surprised that Carl Edwards hasn’t been able to win yet this season, and even in the nationwide series, which is really surprising, I am not sure why he hasn’t won though…

Hey Ron, I hope you haven’t given up on the Ron Ripple website, NASCAR needs it’s biggest fan! hehe

14. Very Nice post and informative as well …

kepp it up

15. Carl Edwars and Kyle are favorite ones, but sure race gonna exiciting.

16. Lucy says:

Great blog mate. keep it up. I’m loving nascar!

Nascar is ultimate I found its very nice and interesting post.

18. It is an adventurous and risky game.But the best game of speed lover and i also like it.

19. Nascar is really amazing. Its risky but good game for racer and speed lovers.

20. @Mold Removal Tampa– Yes you are right these are very good. Lets have a look on then.

21. NASCAR Wow! That is great… sound it is really nice sound.

22. pippy longstockings?

oh, thanks for the correction maggie, on the nationality and the spelling. i hereby officailly change my guess to sir walter raliegh

Thanks for the correction maggie, on the nationality and the spelling. i hereby officailly change my guess to sir walter raliegh

Nascar is ultimate I found its very nice and interesting post.That is really awesome.

Great 4 or 5 car battle to the finish with a close finish of less than 1 second. I hate when they when by two or three seconds, so boring.

27. Hi,Thanks for sharing this nice post with a good info…..

I give huge congrats to Kyle Busch and the whole Joe Gibbs Racing in giving Toyota their first cup series win, what do you think about this, and how do you think it will impact Nascar today?

29. Brad Keselowski won his first Sprint Cup race last Sunday at Talladega and he’s not even in his rookie season yet…I’m just curious how many other drivers have done this?

30. Also, I think this season would have to count as Brad’s rookie season because he is doing 17 races this season, even though he is not listed as a ROTY candidate.

31. i guess we need to educate the guy below me. a driver can run up to 7 races in the season BEFORE his rookie year and still retain his rookie status the following year, so you’re dead wrong pal, sorry.

32. i\’m pretty sure he\’s not scheduled to run any sprint cup races this season. i read something earlier today that gibbs may be looking at a fourth car, but probably not until 2010 (i\’m pretty sure that\’s just a rumor at the moment…

33. I hope for his sake they don\’t throw him in the Sprint Cup Series until at least 2010. A resume can\’t drive a car, we have to see how he handles the big boy series. Nothing against him but I just want to see how he runs in a Nationwide car first.

37. I like this car. Its very beautiful and powerful.

WOW.GREAT SHARE BUDDY.THIS CAR IS VERY SPORTY AND LIKED BY NEW AGE.GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

If they have any available and the Cost–Stubhub- Or Ebay has them sometimes from Personal sellers who just cant go and just want their Money Back!!!!!!

In Nascar Sprint Cup racing has any other Toyota team other than a JGR team won a race?

42. I still think that good driving is important, but some people are more likeable (Burton and Bowyer, for example) which should count for more than someone who just wins a lot without being likeable (Jimmie Johnson, for example).

43. He has signed on to race for Penske Racing. Stewart/Haas has put a kibosh on adding a 3rd team when Kahne declined to breech contract and go to S/HR.

44. Hendrick has too many teams as it is, and besides it is rumored that Hendrick made a comment stating that His organization is too good for a chump like Keselowski and that it would be beneath Ricky to hire Brad…..

45. my opinion is that brad shouldve stayed in nationwide another year.. besides his pocket what wouldve it hurt…. then after next year run for hendrick….

46. where as penske is not… nothing against penske but other then a win here and there they just aint up there…. i dont think its career ending or anything i just think he shouldve contended for the nationwide title then go for that cup ride

Hey,Hopefully the same thing we saw in the last 10 laps a year ago, but with different drivers. 4 different leaders in the final 10 laps and a surprise winner is all I want.

48. Xmas gifts says:

49. Xmas gifts says:

Hey it is so sweet ….really we need we deter effort to care for our pet as we treat them the will respond and also become healthy.

50. Xmas gifts says:

That is really exciting to visit the school and shared the knowledgeable thoughts with them. Hopeful it would be the great fun.

As mentioned he will be driving for Penske. A driver this talented will never be out of a job in nascar unless he decides thats what he wants for whatever reason.

52. They do not want a race on Mothers Day. But the bad ole weatherman has forced them to run the race on Sunday a couple times..This race belongs on Labor Day, then we would have a real Southern 500.

53. They appreciate what I do behind the wheel. I appreciate what they do on pit road. That’s a given in any team,”

54. Does anybody have information regarding Breeders’ Cup Race!?

55. video says:

56. if your a rookie in a series that means that is your first year in that series… and if that is your first year in that series you can not have already won in that series.

57. I am watching a NASCAR press conference and Brian France said that next year the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series will be changed to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series???

58. NBA says:

NASCAR Wow! That is great…They appreciate what I do behind the wheel. I appreciate what they do on pit road.

59. pc says:

my opinion is that brad shouldve stayed in nationwide another year.. besides his pocket what wouldve it hurt…. then after next year run for hendrick….:):):)

60. No other Toyota team has won a Sprint Cup race, yet. Red Bull Racing and MWR could be next on the list and it could happen almost anytime. JGR already had a championship winning organization before their switch to Toyota.

61. Yeah, but it was the same when Nextel first started. It didn’t sound right. At least there won’t be any more changes through the rest of the contract. They are only allowed one name change.

62. I hope you didn’t put any money in your pick

63. No, it’s his choice where he wants to start. Most do start on the inside because that is the bottom of the track and is usually the fastest way around it.

64. I noticed the amount earned for each race differs and does not totally rely on your final position.

65. Mark Martin seems to be the one to beat this year.Its a good thing there are only 12 chase spots or Jeff Gordon wouldn’t finish in the twelfth place.

Wow, did you all see what happened between Carl Edwards and Brad Keselowski at Atlanta?

It’s one thing to let the drivers police themselves but quite another to see something like this happen.

68. Hi very great video looking a racing care or also looking any adding care.

69. I definitely agree Jimmie looked like he was getting quite upset with Labonte there for a while. Kurt definitely used it to his advantage.

70. If he keeps winning the sponsors keep paying and the fans, at least Johnson’s, keep buying tickets. NASCAR will do anything to keep Johnson near the front. Look at all of the debris cautions that are called when Johnson is about to go a lap down. Jeff Gordon taught him how to constantly complain on the radio about the car in front of him leaking fluid, even though no other driver, or the television cameras couldn’t see it.

71. Look at all of the debris cautions that are called when Johnson is about to go a lap down. Jeff Gordon taught him how to constantly complain on the radio about the car in front of him leaking fluid..

72. yes i agree with you Wildlife Photography.

73. Thanks for fantastic pulling :P

74. One more fantastic pulling… keep it up ron :)

75. I think it’s great that the spring race is being pushed back.I have been to every race for the past 4years and I go rain, snow or whatever because its just that great.As for those who think Nascar is boring well you have apparently never been to a race at Bristol.