Kevin Harvick no image

Published on February 9th, 2009 | by Ron Ripple

Kevin Harvick Sneaks Up From Behind to Win the Bud Shootout!

The Budweiser Shootout was an intense race to watch from start to finish with 14 different leaders, 23 lead changes and eight cautions, it was one for the record books.

Kevin Harvick started out the evening hanigng out in the back of the pack with a few minor mechanical challenges.  Lucky for him, with the way these races are set up, he was able to get them fixed and then work his way back to the front.

With only four laps remaining, Jamie McMurray lead the pack down the track with Johnson, K. Busch, Mears, Hamlin, and Harvick not far behind.  On the last lap, McMurray decides to cover his inside lane, when out of no where Kevin Harvick takes the high side and drives right by him.  It was almost as if he dropped it into “7th” gear and said “sorry buddy… you thought you had me. I’m checkin out.”  Click on the video below to watch this incredible finish.

If the Bud Shootout speaks for what’s to come throughout the rest of the season, I would have to say we’re going to have another wild season.  Get excited because the biggest race of the year is only one week away.

All my fellow race fans, clean out your keggerator lines and start ordering some extra kegs because the Daytona 500 is getting closer.  For any of you attending the race make sure you e-mail me so we can get together.

atlanta web design

Tags: , , , , ,

34 Responses to Kevin Harvick Sneaks Up From Behind to Win the Bud Shootout!

1. Yeah, it was a pretty intense, action packed race! You are so fortunate to be able to attend all of these, I usually settle for watching them on tv and it just isn’t the same experience.

Have a good one!

Jake

2. Really its been horrible incident and must say power packed and excited race, great video you got and posted here.

3. Really it been horrible accident, great video

4. gas card says:

I remember watching this race, personally I think Harvick has just been amazing on these restrictor plate races! Especialy when he snuck up on Mark Martin for the win.

-Randy

5. Odchudzanie says:

Great video, I enjoy it very much. Thanks for sharing it.

@Party Rentals Florida– yes you are right very horrible accident.

8. Oh man what a great race you are right that it is the biggest race of the year. The winner was so lucky.

9. Thanks for sharing such nice video. Its a risky game but best option for the speed lover and risk taker. Be care full.

10. Very horrible accident and winner is luck.

12. wow…very terrible accident…

13. Oh man what a great race you are right that it is the biggest race of the year

14. Generic says:

15. Again wanna this video so come here back. Its really very interesting.

16. Thanks for sharing such nice video. Its a risky game but best option for the speed lover and risk taker. Be care full. Winner is so lucky

17. When I lived down in Florida we went to the races every weekend, some nascar matches, mud bogging, what ever happened to be running that weekend. Nothing better than a hot race, cold beer and a bag of boiled peanuts, am I right!

18. Especialy when he snuck up on Mark Martin for the win.

19. I think Harvick has just been amazing on these restrictor plate races! Especialy when he snuck up on Mark Martin for the win.

20. The winner was so lucky.

21. what ever happened to be running that weekend. Nothing better than a hot race, cold beer and a bag of boiled peanuts, am I right!

22. Nothing better than a hot race, cold beer and a bag of boiled peanuts, am I right!

23. we are ok at that point.

24. Fresh off his Truck Series victory at Phoenix International Raceway Nov. 13th, Kevin Harvick looked to repeat his win in the season finale…

25. video says:

26. NBA says:

Yes The race was so intense! At the end everyone’s been more excited than during any movie we’ve ever seen.Oh man what a great race you are right that it is the biggest race of the year. Thanks for sharing

27. Thanks to a stroke of luck going Jimmie Johnson’s way after a late-race caution period, Harvick didn’t have what it took to zoom into Victory Lane ahead of Johnson in February’s Fontana race. Harvick had been leading the pack for several laps toward the end of the Auto Club 500, but when Johnson pitted a split second before a late caution flag went up

28. where do you get your kegerator from?

29. People have told me that I should write a book about my life. I have fancied the idea on one or more occasions, but can\’t muster the courage to make an attempt. I have found recently however, that my \"life\" truly parallels chapters of a brilliant.

30. who is the winner for this race?

31. Whats the result after all bro??