Contest no image

Published on January 20th, 2009 | by Ron Ripple

NASCAR FAN CASTING CALL

Alright all my fellow NASCAR fans, now is the time to get recognized.  I was contacted this week by a National Network looking for the Biggest NASCAR Fans that will be attending the Daytona 500.  Now I know I’m NASCAR’s biggest fan, but I know there are a lot of  you out there who are just as big a fans, but just don’t have a blog to claim the spot.  Well now is your chance.

A national network is casting a national ad campaign to promote NASCAR’s “Nationwide” Series.  Each fan chosen will be featured in your own 30 second spot; explaining what you’ve done to show your devotion to your favorite driver that’s above and beyond the normal.  (If you’re a Jeff Gordon Fan, and you painted your room pink, then please don’t respond to this, because that’s not out of the norm)

You must be an adult, 18 – 55, man or woman, and of course, a FANATIC! Once chosen, the director and a film crew will interview you at the Daytona International Speedway in February.

Now I know a lot of you fellow NASCAR fans might be afraid of cameras, but let me tell you from personal experience that there’s nothing to be afraid of.  Just make sure you do what I do when ever I hear there’s going to be a camera around…. throw down a six pack of Bud Lite and pretend like you’re standing in the winners circle naked.  It works every time!

So, if you are a true die-hard in some way and IDEALLY have a story you’d like to share, these guys want you!  Make sure you contact me at ron @ ronripple dot com and I’ll make sure you get signed up.  Time is a wasting and this is an urgent deal, so make sure you contact me soon, because casting is right around the corner.

Tags: , , , ,

33 Responses to NASCAR FAN CASTING CALL

1. Atniz says:

I’m a fan too but I don’t live in USA. Hope you enjoy this meeting and share with us the photos.

2. Craig says:

Glad to see your back Ron. Long cold winter with no racing!
    Not going to be at the race, but you can bet I’ll be in front of the TV.

Yeah took a long vacation and looking forward to cracking open a fresh case of beer and kicking back watching THE BEST sport on the planet.

Ya’ll can trust that I’ve been taking notes on all the latest gossip and drama that’s taken place during the break. I’ll be giving my readers an update soon!

4. Jason says:

Ahhhh… I would love to attend the Daytona 500, but unfortunately I won’t be making it. I have an awesome story to tell too.

5. Leon Hammack says:

Excellent web site, Ron. I ,too, am NASCAR’s greatest fan!! I typically get to 3-5 races a year. I have been going to LA and Las Vegas since NASCAR started going there. I also hit Phoenix as often as possible, since I live now in Yuma, AZ. My brother and I are heading back to Daytona for this year’s running that will include the Duel 150′s, the Trucks , Nationwide, and of course The Great American Race!!!
    I am a Dale Jr. fan and have my golf cart decorated up like the #88 Chevy! Additonally i run a NASCAR Fanatasy League for my frmily and friends through my web site @ http://www.captainblowdri.com. I also publish on that site news, information, as well as my commentary.
    I need to be interviewed @ Daytona!!!

PS Come over to my web site and check it out. Your comments are invited!

6. Always Welcome Ron, really we crazy fan looking for stunning photos.

im a big nascar fan and my boy kevin harvick #29 won the race yesterday and i just wanted to know how many other people were harvick fans to?

8. It such nice way to choose the biggest fan of NASCARS. Thanks for update about such great opportunity.

9. I am from out side USA. But I am big fan of NASCAR I hope you will share all your experience with us here at this blog. thanks.

I am a Dale Jr. fan and have my golf cart decorated up like the #88 Chevy! Additonally i run a NASCAR Fanatasy League for my frmily and friends through my web site.

13. Generic says:

Yes It is such a nice way to choose the biggest fan of NASCARS. Thanks for update about such great opportunity.

14. Hi,I am the fan of NASCAR.it id my most like game.

I am a new Nascar fan, and I was wondering what exactly is it that makes someone a doninant racer? What makes someone a top 10 racer, that others don’t have? What specific skills are they better at then the other racers? Or is it just the car, or the crew, and the driver doesn’t matter that much? Thanks all!

16. claude hubbard says:

Mr.Ripple My name is claude and weve been trying to submit a video to zidzadz.com four over 3 months now.It is for NASCARS BIGGEST FAN.And we need your help.The website is not working.We can send emails but never get any back,even thoe they say there sent.If you go to the website there is onley 3 vidos to view when there should be hunders.CAN YOU PLEASE HELP US!!! There is onely 4 weeks left.Are phone is 563 386 7432

I’m a fan of Juan Pablo Montoya – I became a fan of his when he was in Formula One, because I used to work for the company that sponsored his car. However, I remained a fan of his driving skills, overtaking skills and overall fun-ness to watch. When he moved to NASCAR, I was interested to see how he adapted to this different form of racing.

18. A casting call is held by a Manager, Agency or an actual client (ie GAP, MACYS etc). They are looking for models for an actual paying job. Ususally a model will bring there BOOK (its filled with various photos from other jobs or photo shoots) and a comp card.

19. They probably make you pay a registration fee. The auditiopn consists of the director looking at you, that’s it. Unless the extras dance then you may be asked to dance.

20. Well for mine “We Were Soldiers”, they checked out my age, took my measurements, took my picture and asked me if I had any military experience or experience with weapons. It doesn’t take that long.

21. Creating an Open Casting Call Note. On your note, you should include a brief description of your project, the story line, compensation, production dates and production location, and open call date, time, and location.

In the film, she plays a girl named Cale Crane who convinces her horse trainer father (Kurt Russell) to raise a wounded filly named Soñador back to racing shape.

23. I’m a fan of Juan Pablo Montoya – I became a fan of his when he was in Formula One, because I used to work for the company that sponsored his car. However, I remained a fan of his driving skills, overtaking skills and overall fun-ness to watch.

Onemodelplace.com is a site where open calls and auditions are often posted, as well as where casting directors can contact you. I used to have a membership, but it’s been a while, so it may have changed. But when I was there, there are degrees of membership, and you get more privileges for the more you pay. There is a free level of membership, however.

25. A national network is casting a national ad campaign to promote NASCAR’s “Nationwide” Series. Each fan chosen will be featured in your own 30 second spot; explaining what you’ve done to show your devotion to your favorite driver that’s above and beyond the normal.

26. I know a lot of you fellow NASCAR fans might be afraid of cameras, but let me tell you from personal experience that there’s nothing to be afraid of. Just make sure you do what I do when ever I hear there’s going to be a camera around…throw down a six pack of Bud Lite and pretend like you’re standing in the winners circle naked. It works every time!

27. video says:

28. NBA says:

A casting call is held by a Manager, Agency or an actual client (ie GAP, MACYS etc). They are looking for models for an actual paying job. A national network is casting a national ad campaign to promote NASCAR’s “Nationwide” Series. Each fan chosen will be featured in your own 30 second spot; explaining what you’ve done to show your devotion to your favorite driver that’s above and beyond the normal.

29. Hey people I am a big fan of Mr. James Cameron and his work and I just recently found out that he had an online casting call for one of the leads to his movies, rumor has it, that it is for Battle Angel Alita

30. Ron – did our NASCAR’s biggest fan get the cast?

31. Come On! When the same driver wins race after race. When he gets out front it’s pretty much all over and a bit boring. And then he wins consecutive championship after championship. What’s exciting about that.

32. Ron – did our NASCAR’s biggest fan get the cast?

33. Nice one… Keep it up Ron :)