Kurt Busch no image

Published on February 13th, 2008 | by Ron Ripple

Busch & Stewart = Slap on the Wrist

I’m not trying to make this site all about the Tony vs Kurt Drama…. But it’s the biggest drama going on at the moment..

The verdict is in!  NASCAR gave Busch and Stewart a six race probation as punishment for the “on track” incident that took place in last weekend’s practice.  What do I think?  I reckon I’m happy they weren’t suspended… but we all knew with NASCAR’s 2008 attitude of “let boys be boys” that Tony and Kurt wouldn’t be punished too severely.  No penalties were given out for the behind the scenes argument and bitch slap that took place in NASCAR’s hauler.   NASCAR officially states they have no plans for further punishment.

Kurt Busch and Tony Stewart Accident
I came across an interesting pole on Nascar.com asking the fans whether or not Kurt Busch should be sat out for the first race.  I was shocked with the results… a wowing 42% were in favor, that’s close to 29,000 people who were against Kurt Busch racing in this weekend’s Daytona 500.  All I have to say is give me a friggin break!  Have you never had an incident where someone was driving 5 mph below the speed limit and then get so pissed off you showed them how you really felt?  I have to admit that I’ve had my fair share of road raging… and if I had the opportunity to trade paint with that slow poke and only get slapped on the wrist, I’d probably have to buy a new car weekly.  I personally look forward to the first race and I hope to see Kurt Busch and Tony Stewart battling it out for first place.

What are your thoughts?  Should the boys have had a more severe punishment?

atlanta life insurance
web hosting reviews USA
cetirizine side effects
online fitness ninove

11 Responses to Busch & Stewart = Slap on the Wrist

1. Kelly says:

No, I guess not. For selfish reasons, I would love for them both to be out of it, ha! But really, it makes the sport much more fun when Nascar allows these little kind of things to happen.

2. Vroom says:

Crime=punishment!

3. Rene says:

Heck no! No one out of the race. Where is the fun in that? I don’t get it. ??? Everyone knows that this is just a fun part of racing that makes it worth watching! I love it when my driver gets out of his car and actually says what’s on my mind!

4. Nate says:

Probation seems to fit the new attitude of NASCAR. I think that the punishment will be more severe if they end up being involved in any incidents in the next 6 weeks.

I wouldn’t be surprised if NASCAR threatened the 2 with a possible suspension if they get into it anymore so I’m sure they will avoid each other on the track.

As far as the Nascar.com pole I’m not too surprised as Kurt Busch doesnt seem to have a lot of supporters. For someone who has won a championship he still seems to not get any respect, which is too bad.

5. Alan P says:

sunday is right around the corner. i can not wait till the green flag flows in the wind. wish i could get off work on monday and drive down to sunny daytona florida

6. jason says:

6 races is kinda steep but dont get me wrong probation is a great idea but …tony stewart has been getting in fights with other racers for a long time why does nascar think that will change by slapping their wrists like this and saying “Now boys its not nice to hit others now appologize.” but then turn around and say “Oh yeah your grounded for 6 weeks.”

7. Tim Zaegel says:

Personally, I’m glad the penalties weren’t more severe. These are two of NASCAR’s best in terms of entertainment, which is exactly what the sport needs at times. Probation has a way of limiting the entertainment value they’re capable of producing.

8. stacey says:

Tony Stewart is a real racer he doesn’t but up with all the pretty boy stuff like these other racer do. I think that Nascar is missing out on what brought all the fan to the races in the first place. The drivers use to be able to fight it out right on the track after a crash or in the pits. The crews all tried to find ways they could make the car go faster and give their driver an advangae on the track. People were buying tickets and the races were all sold out! Did anyone see the Dayton? How boring was that to watch? Maybe if Stewart ran into Kurt a time or two, we could have all watch a race worth watching.

9. I don’t think that Tony would have had a problem with Kurt at all, Tony can handle himself pretty well, I’m afraid. He comes from the grassroots side of the sport, and I’ll bet this isn’t his first scuffle. I’m sure we will see more before the end. Who’s going to be next? Dale Dodge Jr

10. Used Tires says:

Man… who hasn’t gotten in a brawl with Stewart? lol Stewart gets into brawls with almost every driver out there in his history.

Nice post about Punishment for a crime a slap on the wrist?